Monday, November 29, 2010

My Learning Profile


Have you ever strive in your classes? Did you have any problems? Well, I did struggle in many classes by trying to have a better angle to view the whiteboard, wanting to change seats,etc. So below this text, here's some information about my learning profile.

I learn best when I have a better view of the whiteboard,  trying to avoid people who bother me in class and doing activities in class. The reason why I chose having a better view of the whiteboard is because it's really annoying to turn around my back to actually see the whiteboard like currently in science class. In my science class, I have to stay in that same spot for around three weeks until we change seats. I chose trying to avoid people who bother me in class because they sometimes get me into trouble. For example, in fourth grade, I was sitting next to a boy called Richard from Sweden and he really bothered me a lot. "The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do." a quote by Harold Coffin,  a former humor columnist who died. I chose doing activities because I'm much of a kinesthetic   learner which means I like moving around. In health class, we did filled out a survey that tells us what kind of learner we are. I am a kinesthetic learner, visual learner, and an auditory learner. It would be nice when the class can play some games at the end of the class. Since my profile is A, I think that I learn best by focusing on the details. When I asked my parents about this, my parents don't really think that my profile is A. I strongly disagree that my profile is A. 


I need to concentrate in classes and try not to be silly. I chose concentrating in classes because it can let me focus. People bother me sometimes so I try to avoid sitting next to them or I just don't answer them. Focusing can help my learning in school. "If something is bothering you, keep it to yourself. " a quote by David Strickland, an actor. "When something is bothering me, I write a song that tells my feelings." a quote by Loretta Lynn, an American actress. Trying not to be silly can be really useful for me because sometimes I fool around in classes. For example, once I fooled around in my mandarin class with Cameron and Viet until we got into trouble. For me, I try to avoid getting into trouble so that I don't get scolded. So here is what I need to do in classes. I also need to be positive, and have the balance between arts, music, freeform movement, and interpersonal skills. I'm mostly positive all the time at school and other places. I don't really think my profile is A because I do have an integrative balance of art, music, freeform movement,etc. The instruments I play are bass clarinet, alto saxophone, piano, and drums. I practice around five times a week with my instruments. I do freeform movement at my house. I sometimes play soccer, basketball, and badminton with my father and my little brother. Everyday, I have to exercise because I have a foot problem called plantar faciitis which is a heel pain. That's why there are pads inside my shoe which makes my heel more comfortable. I need to improve my balance of art because I don't really paint,draw,etc in my apartment.


The strategies that would help me in my learning would be always follow instructions,  listen carefully what the teachers say and be positive all the time. I chose following instructions because I don't follow the instructions rarely since the people bother me. Once, when my mandarin class was making moon cakes, I didn't really listen to the instructions so I messed up my moon cake. It looked like a huge blob full of paste. The purpose why I chose listening carefully what the teachers say is because this is one of the troubles that I get in classes. In fourth grade, I was doing science with Mr. Ward and he told the class about some information and suddenly, he asked me a question. I wasn't really paying attention to Mr. Ward so I stumbled. Finally, I chose being positive because sometimes I am negative. I often in a bad negative mood when I get bad grades in Powerschool, etc. But as time past by, I am starting to get better each day because I'm using the strategies. 




I would like my teachers to know this about me so that they can help my learning. They can also make me have a good view of the whiteboard,  change seats, etc. By doing this, they can help me get better in school. I hope that the teachers can know my strengths and what I need to improve on. I hope you enjoyed my blog post!


No comments:

Post a Comment