Monday, November 1, 2010

Literature Circle Blog Post

In humanities class, we do literature circles which is like a discussion group. I'm currently reading a novel called Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. My group members are Michelle, Mike, and Olivia. In literature circles, we discuss about the connections we had, shared some of the questions we had, and we wrote two important passages from the chapter.

How your groups discussion helped your understanding of the novel?

My groups discussion has helped me understand the novel better because I get to know what my group members opinions are and their point of view. We all have crazy ideas to share about the book, questions, etc. Some of the vocabulary in Hatchet are a bit difficult so my group members help me to understand better what the word means such as spasm.

Connections

The connections that I had in the discussion was that I've once sat on the copilot's seat before at an airforce in boyscouts. I rode at the copilots seat in an aeroplane when I was in fourth grade. There were so many controls that I felt dizzy. So that was my first time on a copilots seat. This is a connection because Brian has also sat on a copilot's seat. My other connection is I've had a dream once when I was on a plane on the copilot's seat while I found the pilot fainted. I quickly took over his spot and controlled the plane. I turned on the transmission and asked for help but there was no answer. Suddenly, the gas in the plane started to decrease until the plane was about to crash. "AAAHHH!" I shouted. I was awaken by my mother who turned on the lights. This relates to the actions of what Brian did on the plane.

Predictions

One of the predictions that I will have is that Brian will survive in the Canadian wilderness. Here are some reasons why. Brian can survive in the Canadian wilderness because he has a hatchet and a windbreaker. He could use the hatchet to hunt animals,etc. A windbreaker helps because it makes you feel cozy and warm. I think there are some advantages that Brian can survive in the Canadian wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment