Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years Resolutions for 2011

My two New Years resolutions are learning about Lego robotics and aim to get good grades. The reason why I have chosen learning about Lego robotics is because I can learn more about Lego. Recently, I have gone to a Lego competition called "BattleBot". It's where you make Lego robots that fight each other.There are three ways you can win over a round which is knocking over the robot, immobilizing it, and pushing it over the battle arena. Luckily, my team, KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) went to third place. I am hoping to learn more about Lego robotics so that I can do better in the 2011/12 BattleBot competition. (If you want more details, please scroll down).

My second New Years resolution is getting good grades. My reason is because my parents want me to get good grades. If all my grades are around A-, I can get a gift from my parents. In the first trimester, my grades were excellent until I got a B+ for science. My parents don't really care about other grades except for humanities since humanities is daily. So far, my grades are excellent but I need to improve my science grade. The gift that I really want is my own personal bass clarinet. Although it's expensive, there are some positive things about getting a bass clarinet. The positive things are not having to carry it around, and not having to pay for the bass clarinet that I have to rent.

As I said before, I went to "BattleBot" over the holidays. "BattleBot" is a place for you to experience Lego and robotics and earn lot's of cash and prizes. On January 8th, me and my friend, Nick Chen went to Bangsar Village to enter the "BattleBot" competition. My friend and I had been to a camp where we gained the knowledge of Lego parts, and making our own robots. There were four different groups which were A,B,C,and D. Our team, KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) was in group C. We won three times but lost two times. The top two teams were the ones that were qualified to the quarter finals. The team, A.R managed to go to the quarter finals, but our team and two other teams were tied with 9 points. So we had to weigh our robots on the scale. The first team weighed 477 grams and our team weighed 457 grams and the last team weight 472 grams. We were qualified to the quarter finals! Our team managed to go to the semifinals but failed to continue. As the result, we were third place. Nick and I received 75 rm (Malaysian currency), a box of Lego, and some books. My father was proud of me in that day.

On Christmas, my family went to Kuantan for 4 days and 3 nights. We travelled to Kuantan by car for around 3 hours.We had to wake up in the morning at 10am.  My little brother and I slept in the car, played board games, listened to music,etc. By the time we arrived there, I was exhausted. Later on, my family went to the beach. We played football (soccer) and swam in the sea. In soccer(football), me and my little brother were teams. The point was until 5 and the score was 4:4. When my mother kicked the ball, I was just walking and thought that it was going to miss, but it was a goal. My little brother was blaming me for not blocking the ball. My family had gone swimming everyday in Kuantan. When it was time to go, my little brother and I hopped into the car and went back to KL. I really enjoyed my stay at Kuantan.

I hope you enjoyed my blog! :P This is a picture of me and Nick in the BattleBot competition.

1 comment:

  1. Sup Shin this is Mike. You had very intresting resolutions and a very cool explanation of battlbots. That I thought was very cool I think that you should keep striving toward sthe clarinet and I hope you get it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete